So maybe I won't shut this blog down just yet... I realized that a lot of you probably won't be on Tumblr, because Blogspot is pretty popular with makeup gurus. Sigh.
I will, however, just update this blog and link you to my Tumblr if I post anything new. Basically I'm blogging about a blog. HAHA.
Alright, so I stopped by MAC a few days ago because I needed more of my translucent powder. I totally forgot they recently came out with a new foundation (Pro Longwear, I believe) and I asked for a sample. So starting today, and for the entire weekend, I will be trying out the foundation.
For details on my new foundation makeup journey (HAH), I'll be updating daily on my Tumblr.
Toodles! I Hope you guys have a fabulous and fun Halloween. :)
I'm actually quite active on Tumblr at the moment... this blog has been kinda dead and not too interesting to me. =/
To all you lovelies who is still subbed to my youtube channel as well as this blog: THANK YOU!! Thank you for your patience and support, even though I have been quite absent. I'm doing fine, I'm just much busier and there is less chances of me to film videos. I'm also getting ready to finally transfer to University next fall! :D
So please please PLEASE follow me on Tumblr (click!!) instead, as it will be much easier to keep up with a fashion/makeup/likes and dislikes blog since I'm constantly on the computer anyway.
For those who are curious, yes I AM keeping my youtube channel and will still be posting up videos at random. I'm really trying to get a better quality camera first before I start making new videos again though, which may be sometime next year. So please stay patient with me!
It may be collective, but it's quiiite small! Hehehe.
(L-R): 1. Tres-emme Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight Hair: I only purchased it for the price ($6!! You can find it at drugstores. I got mine at Ulta) and it works just as efficiently as the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo ($21). I personally think that the Tres-emme one smells a lot better. The only downside is that if you use too much of it, it can leave some residue and make your hair look dandruff-y (quick fix though... spray some finishing spray like MAC Fix+ or some water and to get some shine). Also, after a long period of use, the spray on can will start to leak some of the product... pretty messy.
2. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer (tinted moisturizer): Best tinted moisturizer I have used by far. I used another Neutrogena tinted moisturizer previously and I liked it, but it not last as long as this one. It gives a fair amount of coverage, especially since I can tend to get blemishes, and it lasts pretty much the whole day! Only downside (and this is probably because my skin is quite oily)... my skin gets shiny a little quicker after application with this product. But I can deal with it. :)
3. MAC Viva Glam Gaga: HAHA honestly I only wanted to purchase it because I'm kind of a Gaga fan, and I wanted a pink-y lipstick opposed to my usual nudes. PLUS, it was the last one so I couldn't resist. Heh. I was scared to wear it at first though, because it was such a cool-toned barbie pink and it sort of clashed with my warm, tan skin. However, good thing I figured out how to make it wearable for me! If you want the tip, just let me know. I'll probably do a quick-tip video on it.
4. MAC e/s "Evening Aura": I was in Vegas and there happened to be a CCO at the outlet I was at. Seriously, every time I go to an outlet, that is the first store I hunt for. But anyway, they had a really good selection of products and I almost went crazy. Which reminds me... I forgot to include the "Soft Ocre" paintpot in this haul. Oh well. ANYWAY, I initially wanted a gunmetal/darker colored e/s but I chose this because it went well with my skin tone when I swatched it and it's a great spring/summer color.
5. Shu Uemura gloss: No name, but it's a pretty, sheer coral. Smells yummy, too. My mom got this for me a few months back, also from a CCO.
6. MAC dazzleglass "Euro Beat": From the CCO in Vegas. For some reason I was expecting to find this or "Roman Holiday" when I picked up this gloss. I was excited that they had it. It's a darker coral than the Shu Uemura one.
7. MAC Studio Finish Powder Foundation NC35: It was either this, or a mineral foundation. Since this was a proclaimed popular product on their site, I decided to try it. So far, I absolutely love it and it gives great coverage. Sometimes though, if I use it as a touch-up throughout the day and I don't use a blotting paper prior to it, it can look cakey on me (again, maybe it's because my skin is quite oily to begin with).
SCOTTISH FINE SOAPS
Overall, the foaming shower mousse, body milk, and lip balm are my loves. Too lazy to type up a re-review so here's watch my product review. --->>
I need some motivation, ladies! Please. :( I feel extremely bad for being so MIA lately...
I actually filmed a haul video last week... BUUUT it's been so effing hot and I was a complete hot mess in the video. So I deleted it and figured I might just redo it. I do, however, have pictures to show you. :] If you'd like me to do an actual video/review on the products, please let me know and I will do so. Otherwise, I will probably just leave it as a blog.
So I had a pretty good birthday... but the day did not begin as I had planned. I wanted to go to Disneyland so bad (get in free!!!). My boyfriend had to do some car repair and did not pick me up until the late afternoon.
As you can tell, I was bored and not very pleased sitting and waiting. And yes, I was on the phone with my boyfriend. Grrr.
So we just decided to head to South Coast Plaza to do some shopping... cheaper tax in Orange County. =P We were walking around and we happened to pass by the MAC Pro store and he pulled me in there and said, "pick out whatever you want." I was taken by surprise and I had no idea what to pick out and told him to come back later. Then we went into H&M and said, "well, I'll get you an outfit too." I got even more giddy. Long story short... I didn't end up getting anything from the mall because I couldn't find anything I liked. Nice mall, but personally the stores don't carry good assortments.
Next day, went to the mall we usually go to and actually got some stuff from MAC:
The boyfriend got me the blush (Format;; I asked for a bronze-y blush) and concealer (NC35) on the right. On the left is what I purchased myself the following day from another mall; fluidline (Blacktrack) and translucent powder (NC40).
There was also a HUUUGE sale going on at The Body Shop. Since I was in need of a new loofah and some soap, I bought some:
Soaps are buy 3 get 1 free ($4 each) and I got Coconut, Shea, Strawberry, and Grapefruit (not pictured because it's in my shower along with the super soft loofah).
For my birthday, of course I also received some awesome gifts from my friends and family:
From an Ulta giftcard I bought a NYX gloss and NYX jumbo pencil, a duo ended blending brush (I grabbed it beacause it looked SO similar to MAC's 224), and Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in "Zero". My cousins bought me the Ulta lotion and bodywash/lotion, and the cute Bourgois mini kisses lippies. And the Eco Tools brush set was purchased a while ago; it was on sale for about $8 and I absolutely love them. The bristles are extremely soft!
I also have some things from Forever 21, but I didn't have any pictures of those. They may show up in an updated style video though. ;]
That's all. I hope I didn't forget anything. I truly apologize for not making as much videos as I used to... I really do want to but I never find the time. I'll try to squeeze one in as soon as I can! I love you guys!